Friday, July 15, 2005

shit weather

well today has been uneventful once again hahahha. i woke up and drove my mom to the dentist in southwest houston, only to find out that she was too nervous so they would not do the surgery or whatever. so now im back home, looking at my laundry i have left to do, and looking at the bowflex, and the workout i have to do. damn i do not feel like either, but hey, if i want clean clothes, and i want to get a little bigger and into better shape, then i gotta do it right? right. last night i didnt do much, programmed a little, and then i fell asleep backwards in my bed around 2:30 i think, then i woke up when my little sister came in to talk with me, and i turned around and went back to sleep. yay! tonight i dunno what im doing, but i think its gonna be some fun. i have some 'projects' to work on, and im gonna meet up with brian and see whats going on. grrr i spent freaking 10 hours in my office yesterday trying to get everything updated and ready for next year, and god what a pain. i updated all my machines(tax computers anyways) to xp pro corp, and then suddenly, they REFUSED to do netbios name resolution on the ONE computer (their server) i need it to work on. but heres the kicker, netbios would resolve and connect to shares on any other comuter i specified, but when i tried to connect to my main servers shares with its netbios name, NADA. ip would work, but no netbios name. this drove me freaking nuts and yes there are plently of work arounds, but i had to figure out what in the hell was going wrong here. needless to say i checked EVERYTHING, and it was all good, i even checked security policies on the damn server, which would make no diff, but i did none the less, and of course it still didnt work. i ended up just giving the server a static ip outside my dhcp pool, and adding its ip/netbios name to the hosts file of every computer (thanks damien, i totally forgot windows has /etc/hosts as well haha ). so now they are working, but im still pissed because its a work around and not a complete solution. o well kill me. anyways, im off to work out and do my shit.

No comments: