Monday, February 06, 2006

Back From the Surf

WELLL!!!!!! That was a MUCH needed session. Even though I only managed 3 or 4 rides, and they all SUCKED, it was my "seahabilitation" I have been needing. The surf was perfect Texas conditions, about waist+ to chest with some few sneaker head highs on the set waves. The swell peaked at 12ft this morning, but it was extream SSW, and our beach faces a moderate SW, so the jettys were blocking a good deal of the big stuff. Just like the report said, the winds were offshore, 5-10, and just walling the waves up. I was actually quite warm for the first time ever in a winter session. Maybe i was just soo stoked to be in the water again, I didnt realize just how cold the water was; or it could have been the rash guard I wore under my suit. Ahhhhhhhh, there were soem perfect rides to be had, but I just dont perform well in cold water/wetsuits. I feel so restricted, but I guess more surfing in the suit will get me used to it. I will be posting some pictures (if they are ok) as soon as I can get them off my camera.

No comments: