Thursday, May 03, 2007

Apparently we have neither waves nor surfing talent (here in Texas)

A quote from http://queen-of-the-surf-pirates.blogspot.com/

"But maybe it is your lucky day that you ended up here after all... because if you were looking to learn to do any surfing on South Padre, I need to tell you something... I know surfers who live in Texas and they all pretty much suck at surfing, mostly because they don't have any surf to speak of there. I can also tell you that all of those Texan Surfers I know just end up coming here to the Outer Banks to learn how to do it right because we have surf and real surfers here to teach them. So just save your money and a wasted trip to Texas, head here instead and we will show you how surfing is done."

Well, in response to that, I decided to throw up some pictures from last week. Ohh, and we have had pretty consistent waist high surf for almost the past 2 weeks :) I just happen to live on the upper coast where conditions can be a little more fickle but we still get it decent.


No talent in Texas, we all "suck"

No Size here either...



Same as above....


Once again.. no skill....

We tube dodge...


We don't have much size....


... you know I still love you Paula the Surf Mom :)

3 comments:

Bill Graber said...

So you get lucky one day a year... I still love you too.. and I knew you would comment on that.

Miss Jeanette said...

Had a buddy your way for business over the last month who was able to catch that swell.

Ive heard good things about texan surfing...and bad. But fuck, at least you paddle out.

Jerod Estapa said...

heh. nice retort. i guess that's what happens when you hate... =)

good times the other night, dude. i'll be living vicariously through you for the next few months...