Saturday, August 19, 2006

HEAVYYYYYY


This was South Padre Island, Texas yesterday!! DAMMIT! Thats a lie. It is South Padre Island but that was during Hurricane Katrina while she was wrecking shop on the Gulf Coast. Where are the waves???????? Well alot of Texas guys are saying that this could possibly be the flattest summer they remember, and these guys go back a ways. In other news, I now have a second job to start saving hardcore for some classes at UH in the spring (around 900 a pop) and for my next adventure. I wish I had some consistent surf to report about because Im starting to think I only have a great blog running while Im on vacation, and even then, thats questionable. I have been steadily thinking about my next trip and Im exploring all my options. I would really like to return to Costa Rica, but thats just so much money for the duration of time that I want to stay. Its quite possible that I will get 2 months paid vacation next summer to use for my dreams and my never-ending search for waves. I have been also thinking about the future alot. Im catching a little heat from the parents on my lifestyle/education choices and its putting unwanted pressure on me. Im really thinking about driving my car into Mexico next summer so I can have a little more freedom in my explorations but then again, the bus is just so damn cheap! Anyways, Im pretty excited about starting my second job. Its at FedexKinkos, my previous employer. Its a decent job and the pay is also decent but Im really hoping it will take up a sufficient amount of my time to save like CRAZY, relax, and get back into that wierdly missed world of the working. Im waiting for waves.... to come and save me!

No comments: