Friday, August 14, 2009

Wow! Im falling off bad!

Ahh well.. where the hell have I been you might be asking? The truth is riding the living shit out of this motorcycle! Ive put somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500 miles on her in the short month Ive had it. My car is starting to get jealous!

Ive been sailing a little but mostly Im waiting till the end of the "summer" season in Kemah because its a total bitch to try and launch the hobie cat right now while fighting weeekend beachgoers. We are getting closer to fall and better surf though... God I need to get back in the water.

Ive been talking with a few friends on the net and it looks like I could possibly have some friends along for the ride on the trip for a little ways. They wont be able to hang out the whole time but it will be cool nonetheless.

Other than that, nothing much has been going on. Im just saving and watching time tick by. Im eager as hell to setout and get moving. Ive also been working on some ideas for when I return and how I can continue a life of being on the move, surfing, sailing and just enjoying my time. I dont want to go back to the office life for as long as I can stand it. Ill work odd jobs here and there ... whatever I have to do. I do know that I would like to try my hand at building a small sailboat when I return, somethign I can camp cruise the texas coast on. We shall see!

1 comment:

Texas Roadrunners said...

We have several friends that are "full timers". They live full time in thier rv's. Whenever they need to add to or save thier money, they take on "volunteer" jobs with the parks/corp of engineer/etc in exchange for their camping fees. For 20 hours a week, they can get rent/water/electric/ and other stuff. So it's do-able. It's my goal......one day.