Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Off the Radar

I'm still alive if anyone is wondering. We had a huge birthday bash for
my roommate/bestfriend Rami on saturday nite and well.... I woke up
sunday at 4pm in my bed without much knowledge of how I got there and a
few interesting emails on my phone. Apparently I said some pretty stupid
shit to mel.... Sorry again. As you can see, the counter on my site is
getting lower and lower. I can remember when it was up in the 60's and
it didn't seem to move very fast. Well here we are in the final 2 weeks
before departure and my patience is growing thin. I watch and rewatch
surfing videos all day trying to analyze their moves and see where I can
try and improve on my surfing. in case you didn't know... the company I
work for is seasonal tax work. They pay me a yearly salary but after
april 20th, I only have to come in on tuesdays and thursdays for around
3 hours. The awsome part is, I still get paid the same even though we
are not in tax season. I really love my job as the work is hard and long
for 4 months but after that its all holiday. We resume more days and
hours towards november as I begin setting up new locations and getting
all of our computers and networks ready for the new tax season. I have
been reading my guidebooks and travel websites nonstop going over last
minute travel jitters. This trip is not going to be for the fient of
heart. My 2 friends and I will be on a bus for around 30 hours until we
reach our destination. From there is a flury of camping and busing to
further destinations when we grow tired of a certain break. After around
2.5 weeks, my friends head by bus back to Guadalajara and fly back,
leaving me for another 2 weeks in Mexico by myself. I'm not too worried
about this last part but it will be very interesting. My goals for this
trip are not only to drastically improve my surfing but to overall grow
as a person. I have much faith that everything will work out and we will
have simply an amazing trip that most people only dream of. For all my
newfound surf bloggers, ill ride one for ya. For all my readers and
friends and family, ill be thinking of ya. I do plan on blogging when
and if I get the chance while I'm there but don't hold me to it. I have
room on my new mem card for close to 800 pictures so you can expect a
plethora of surf/travel images upon my return. There is also a
possibility of a video camera being brought along with a waterproof case
for surf film but I'm not making any promises. I ask this of you
guys.....please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and may the surf
gods bless us with amazing surf. Nite everyone.
--astraltx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh David, only 15 more days. I'll try to have fun while you're gone I suppose. I'll send you some pictures of some haute hostesses while you're on vacay.
And of course I forgive you. I should have known you were talking out of your anus when 20 minutes prior you were telling me not to give my coordinates away.
I don't know either.

gracefullee said...

Two weeks to go! I'm really excited for you. I hope you realize, I'm totally living vicariously through you right now.

Anonymous said...

Hey poop! are u still comming on vacations to Tampico?...duhh I don't think there's gonna be good surfing and also I don't think I'm gonna surf with u lol but well I was wondering if u're still gonna visit my lovely port and hometown =) lol...
well u already know I wish u da best in ur trip and I'm sure everything's gonna be just fine...don't worry beotch =)...
okey gtg, we'll talk l8r...

ahhh btw... stop getting drunk, everytime u get drunk with a girl u say stuff or do stuff that hurts, there's janna, it also happened with me and now melanie... u gotta have more control...take care poop and be nice...

Anonymous said...

have a good time in MX....

Whiffleboy said...

Wanna trade jobs?

Anonymous said...

10 dayzzzz AAAAAAAHHHHHHH i'm so excited for you....weird :S