Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Not Much of Anything

Just a working and a working. Today was a blast though, I had some crazy windows printer error, something along the lines of unable to launch spooler. So I went into the services and tried to start it manually. Lo and behold, the best windows error I have seen to date. I dont remember exactly but something about "missing dependancies and structures" blah blah. Please, if you know whats this means, let me know! I got one look at it, and formatted the harddrive to reinstall haha. Sometimes, thats just the best solution, especially when there is no way in hell any of my employeees could have pulled this one off, not even on accident!

The surf has been flat or whatever but it really doesn't matter to me anymore. My head is soooooooo focused its scary! Im eliminating any barrier to my trip, one at a time. family, friends, etc. I have been gathering prices and ideas as for the work that needs to be done to my car before I can get her Mexico ready. I once again, have considered just doing the transmission myself. I know how to do it, but Im not sure how to change out and realign the clutch. I have a Haynes manual on order as we speak. Im also considering doing the waterpump/timing belt myself as well. If I can pull this work off, I will save myself somwehere between 700 and 1000 in labor costs alone according to my calling around to shops. After that comes all the easy stuff, complete brake rebuild, new plugs and wires, new air filter, clean throttle body, clean out EGR, clean battery, new tires, octane booster, new oil, and im ready to run!

I have still been working on the route, but Im just not sure yet. Everything is up in the air, but I kinda like it like that. We will probably decide over some campfire beers somewhere in southern Mexico if we should head into Belize/Guatemala or not. Im thinking... why the hell not right??? I mean, you do only live once. Im planning on scoring some of the best surf of my life and having some of the best adventures of my life! Im fully read for shit to go bad though, it kinda has to. Someone once told me, "your only a tourist until your shit goes horribly wrong!"

Well, I dont have much else to report. I gotta program a little and work on this shit for work for tomarrow. If only they knew how much time I throw into this job evern AFTER I get off of work right??? O well... karma karma. I will get my dues, when Im hiking through some country for 6 months, chasing surf and adventure to the highest, I will know it was all worth it. Believe me when I say it, its coming....

2 comments:

Bill Graber said...

Just think... Baja Baja when work gets tired and then you wont care if you get fired

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr. Richey, sorry for the "Digweed" teaser in december. He rescheduled for March. On another note, Gabriel & Dresden will be here Feb 2nd! Hope you're having a wonderful new year!