Thursday, April 03, 2008

Surfffffff

I finally got to surf last weekend! Yes!!!!!!!! The water was hanging around 70F and decent air temp so I was able to trunk with a rash guard for a couple of hours. Wow Im outa shape!!! That was a helluva workout for me and I realize now what this 9-5 is doing to my poor body and soul. I had some good rides after a few blown waves and totally kooking out and eating shit a few times. It took me a little bit to get back in the groove but I had a blast. The waves were waistish with some pretty good sets rolling in, a lot of closeouts though. Im glad I took the fish, it was a perfect day for it.

The boat is still busted! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! The mast is still down and Im just hoping I will be able to get it back up this weekend. Last weekend I was crewing in a regatta (sailboat race) and that was super fun. We didnt do well but we were a thrown together last second team so we did our best. Im crewing on a 50ft tri-maran this saturday for a friend of a friend's charter. He owns the boat and charters it out on the bay all the time and he needs some help this weekend so I volunteered. The boat is HUGE! Well, I better get back to work. I have some pics coming up sooooooon.

1 comment:

gracefullee said...

Thanks for the well-wishings!

Getting married, buying a house, it's all happening around the same time for me and I have had little twinges of, "Wow." Not good or bad wow. Just sort of "This is different"-type moments.